Manager of Communication and Visibility
The Manager of Communications and Visibility function is a strong support to the Director of Programmes, who leads and develops an internal team to support the following areas:
▪ Management of all communications efforts aiming to enhance the activities, visibility, public relations, and policy advocacy positions amongst a broad range of members, strategic partners, and high-profile stakeholders.
▪ The Communications and Visibility Manager, under the leadership of the line Head, and in partnering with the Learning and Knowledge Sharing Manager, as well as the Projects management team, plays a critical role in planning, coordinating, and supporting the organization and implementation and/or delivery of various communication activities with a wide range of high-profile stakeholders.
The Communications and Visibility Manager is a key position to assist Management to achieve the following overall objectives:
▪ Enhance presence and visibility at the regional level, aiming to promote effective policy-making tools and useful intelligence in our industry.
▪ Properly promote regional synergies and country level efforts in common advocacy and awareness activities on the targeted themes and issues
▪ Duly instruct, coordinate and provide technical support to staff at the regional centres in extending the reach and visibility of such that its Member States and strategic partners are properly informed and timely updated on its activities, with an eye to encourage and motivate them to support and build upon initiatives at the regional and national level.
More specifically, the Communications and Visibility Manager is responsible for managing the following key activities:
▪ Ensure consistent and proper use and visibility of our brand by improving communication activities’ effectiveness and outreach, in order to enhance awareness and understanding amongst members and through country, regional and wider public events and conferences;
▪ In cooperation with the project managers and overall Management staff ensure consistency with branding compliance as well as donor visibility; in this respect, also ensure adherence with policies, tools, rules and respective guidelines.
▪ Prepare press releases and interview messages, as well as coordinate, proofread and assure content delivery of newsletters and other types of communications, ensuring consistency in language, style, formatting, branding elements, etc.;
▪ Continuously manage the media relations (and media plan) by strongly liaising with journalists and other media operators to ensure fair representation of our programs and activities in the Media, in addition to monitoring and using the social media to communicate and enhance advocacy, policy making, presence and knowledge products.
▪ Manages the website to ensure that the all communications meet the required branding standards.
▪ Minimum 10 years of work experience, of which, at least 6 years of solid handson experience in public relations, advertising, communication and advocacy activities in a dynamic and responsive environment of inter-governmental, donors, multiple and high-profile stakeholders.
▪ Proven commitment to excellence and successful track record of managing the quality and content of advocacy, communication and visibility activities.
▪ Extensive and successful experience in managing representation and PR for important international events, developing relevant media plans and managing media relationships, developing and reviewing content and delivery of communication tools and instruments.
▪ Superior diplomacy and relationship building skills with an ability to liaise, prioritize, negotiate, and work with a prolific variety of cross-cultural and high profile stakeholders.
▪ A track record of accountability through successful management and meeting of objectives.
▪ Multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
▪ Strong experience in designing, planning and managing communications, visibility and outreach activities at international and high-profile audiences and events, at a variety of venues.
▪ Excellent writing, expertise in content creation and quality assurance; effectively addressing audiences including senior government representatives, academia, civil society, and the public in general.
▪ Very strong and successful experience in developing, enhancing and managing media relations, both traditional and social/online venues.
▪ Expertise in proper institutional branding, including design, compliance, management.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Certification:
A Master’s Degree in Public Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Advertising with relevant experience and expertise proven through documented accomplishments in intra-governmental, cross-border and regional environments.
▪ Fluent and superior mastery of English and French both through education and experience in a work context